Summer is here and it’s a beautiful time to get out and enjoy the season with family and friends! Of course, dressing to impress is key to rocking every social gathering you attend. A fabulous outfit, cute shoes and gorgeous bag are all essential for turning heads, but without great hair to top it all off, you might as well stay in girlfriend! This summer, get on board with the season’s hottest hair trend – flawless, straight-from-the-beach curls, with help from the TRESemme Perfectly (un)Done collection. Using just this one collection, you’ll be able to perfect up to five different wavy looks and today I’ll share a how-to guide for creating my favorite soft waves.
I’ve been using the Weightless Silicone-Free Shampoo, Weightless Silicone-Free Conditioner and the Sea Foam spray. I feel like a mermaid with all these beautiful beachy waves, especially when I add my extensions! The best part is it’s super easy to achieve this gorgeous summer time look.
One of my absolute favorite products is the Sea Kelp Extract Sea Foam, it creates such a gorgeous texture for my waves!
This June, stop into your local CVS to receive great savings on the TRESemme Perfectly (un)Done collection. Through until June 27, buy any two TRESemme Perfectly (un)Done hair products for just $10! Plus, from June 21 – June 27, whenever you buy two TRESemme Perfectly (un)Done hair products, you’ll also receive $2 in extrabucks Rewards when you use your extrabucks Rewards Card.
For further inspiration, head to the CVS Beauty Club website and check out the “What’s Trending” section. I’ve also included a video below with the beautiful Louise Roe from when I was at New York Fashion Week earlier this year. Relaxed, loose, boho curls were a huge trend and it’ll provide you with more inspiration and tips for creating your own #UnDoneWaves!
How To Do Beach Curls:
- Wash your hair using specialty wave enhancing products such as TRESemme’s Perfectly (un)Done Weightless Silicone-free Shampoo and Conditioner (they contain Sea Kelp extract and a silicone-free formula, this shampoo is specifically designed for weightless cleansing to provide flowing body and texture, a perfect base for creating loose curls)
- Towel dry hair well and apply the piece de resistance for creating these gorgeous beachy waves, TRESemme Perfectly (un)Done Sea Foam Spray (the Sea Kelp extract provides volume and texture, an essential ingredient for your waves)
- Blow dry your hair smooth
- Using your curling wand or flat irons (these GHD irons have been my go-to’s for 10+ years), curl hair in 3 inch sections. I generally start by sectioning the hair below my ear downwards (tying everything above it up in a bun). Then I work up to the top of my head in two-inch height sections, with pieces 3 inches wide.
- When curling your hair, always twist the wand backwards away from your face (this will create a beautiful effect that lifts and opens your face).
- Once you have finished your whole head, you will have beautiful curls!
- Be sure to brush through and loosen them a little, you can use your fingers or a soft brush. This will help to loosen them and give you that perfect relaxed, loose beachy, boho curl style.
- Finish with a good hairspray to keep the style perfectly in place, but you don’t want anything that creates a stiff texture – natural movement is key! I like TRESemme’s Ultra Brushable Hairspray, it provides all-day hold for natural, brushable movement and protection from frizz.
I’m often asked about the different results from curling with my flat iron or curling wand. I often use my GHD irons to curl simply because they smooth my hair and are super quick, however I love the loose waves I get from my large barrel curling wand. For creating undone beach curls and loose waves, a curling wand will work better. However, if you just have flat irons you can absolutely achieve the same result, you will just need to brush them out more when finished (as you can get a tighter, more defined curl with the flat iron).
Want to discover more about this hot hair trend? Be sure to join us on June 16th at 12PM EST to take part in a TRESemme Perfectly (un)Done Twitter Party! We’ll be celebrating the products and how easy it is to achieve this summer’s hottest style, Undone Waves. It will also be a great time to learn about the TRESemme Perfectly (un)Done collection and win CVS Gift Cards in the process!
*This post was sponsored by Lunchbox, however all opinions are 100% my own.