With the holidays upon us, I wanted to share my healthy Apple Crumble recipe. It’s oh so delicious! Best of all, you probably already have the ingredients ready in your kitchen and can quickly whip it up if guests drop by at a moments notice. As far as desserts go, it’s certainly a low calorie option and a perfectly warming dish on a cool night.
I hope you enjoy my healthy Apple Crumble recipe, serve with a little ice cream and it’s perfection. Here is the recipe – enjoy!
So, now you know how delicious it will look… let’s go back to the start.
I never use a set amount for this recipe, I just make it up as I go each time and adjust depending on how much I want to make. To create, you will need oats, apples (I usually use 10), cinnamon or your favorite spices, brown sugar and soft butter.
1. Start by cutting apples into small pieces and place in a saucepan. I often leave the skin on for all the extra nutrients.
2. Once complete, add 1/2 to 1 cup of water, a little cinnamon or spices and place on the stove, use medium heat to simmer.
3. Time to prepare the crumble! I actually never measure this out, you can’t go too wrong. It just depends on how much apple I’m cooking up, so place the oats, brown sugar and soft butter in a mixing bowl. Combine together until it starts to stick and all oats are coated in the sugar and butter.
4. Now go check on the apple, stir and adjust the heat or add more water accordingly.
5. With the crumble done and the apple cooking until soft and golden, feel free to relax and enjoy a wine!
6. Once the apple is cooked so it is soft, add it to a lightly greased tin. Sprinkle some cinnamon and spices, then add the crumble mixture on top. I’m always quite generous with this – crumble is delicious! Then place in the oven and cook until golden brown (on approx. 180 degrees / 350 Fahrenheit).
Once cooked, it should look delicious and golden – just like this! Then all you need to do is serve warm…
I usually add a little ice cream to mine, or just eat it plain – it’s amazing both ways!
I like that this healthy Apple Crumble recipe uses oats and very little sugar or butter, so as far as desserts go, it’s not too bad for you! If you have any questions, please ask. Or if you make it, please share a photo and tag me @stylelixir, I’d love to know what you think. Happy Friday and have a fantastic weekend!